Voxer Walkie-Talkie is a free communications app that lets users use push-to-talk walkie-talkie features, send text messages and images, and share locations. Users can easily and instantly communicate with friends, family or teams at work live, or listen to saved messages later. Users can also send text, photos, and share locations alongside voice messages.
Voxer Walkie-Talkie works with other popular smartphones and over any 3G, 4G, or WiFi network in the world. Voxer Walkie-Talkie does not use minutes from the user’s carrier; it only uses the user’s data allowance.
The app also lets friends be invited from contacts and will send them a link to download the app. From there a conversation can start with a single user or multiple users for a group chat. Simply touch a large button at the bottom to start speaking, and release to stop. The app sends the user’s voice in near-real time so the recipient can hear as the user is talking.
Voice is not the only option as messages can also be typed. A camera button is available for pictures to be sent or a photo from the library can be chosen. All messages are shown in a standard text message list view. Previous audio messages can be heard again by touching them.
The app provides access to the user’s location to the other person. The location marker on the right side of a message bubble can be touched to view the GPS location on a map of the people involved in the communication.
- Download the Voxer Walkie-Talkie app or navigate to the web site.
- Find your friends by looking them up in the Voxer Directory by Email or Full Name.
- Add your phone number to your Voxer profile – this will allow the app to match you with friends in your address book
- Invite friends to download Voxer via SMS invite – Invite other iPhone or Android friends to download Voxer and Vox with you via SMS!
- Start a chat and Vox your friends! – You can chat with your friends one-on-one or as a group!