Kahoot! is a game-based classroom learning game which consists of multiple choice questions – as a quiz, discussion or survey – in any topic, language or ability. The quizzes, discussions or surveys (which are called Kahoots) are projected, and played by the whole class together in real-time using any device with a web browser.
Through the ‘drag & drop’ creator tool, users can create and manage ‘Kahoots’ involving asking quick questions to gather feedback or opinion, or more in-depth questions for formative assessment. Quizzes can be built with embedded imagery and video, which could include screenshots, photos from a camera, or YouTube videos. Public content is also available. Without needing an account, learners can join through their personal device, seeing their name appear at the front. Learners answer questions in real time and play against each other aiming to top the on-screen leaderboard, whilst the teacher facilitates and discusses the content. Content can be shared with educators, learners or colleagues globally.
Kahoot! allows learners to both respond AND create with any device. Questions are not only answered, but learners are encouraged to ask questions as well.
- Create an account at GetKahoot.com.
- Log in to your account.
- Play the intro quiz or find a public Kahoot! to play with.
- Create a new Kahoot.
- Build a quiz with embedded imagery and video and have students or colleagues answer the questions.
- Download the results of the quiz to view a spreadsheet listing each of the learners, what they answered for each question and how long it took them. Correct answers are highlighted in green and incorrect in red. If you forget to download your results, select your username in the top right corner, and then ‘My results’.
- Screen capture your results.